• In 1995 Alan Corry was asked to provide music for
a concert in aid of Tor Bank Special School, Dundonald, to
raise funds for the school and also raise public
awareness of the school's role in the community. Alan made
contact with a number of friends from various brass bands
in the greater Belfast area and in September 1995 a group
of approximately thirty amateur musicians performed for the
first time as "Festival Brass", with Alan as their
concert, originally intended to be a one off performance,
was a resounding success and a number of requests were received
for Festival Brass to perform again. The members, encouraged
by the success of this venture, decided to continue for the
benefit of those in need. The band has raised funds in excess
of £200k for various charities.
• Festival Brass now perform on average six times a
year, and have shared the stage with many well known artists
such as West End stars Jeff Leyton (Les Misérables),
Joanna Ampil (Les Misérables), Alex Sharpe (Miss Saigon),
Carmen Cusack and our very own Peter Corry.
• Festival Brass have also performed at music festivals in Spain on a number of occasions, as well as on a Mediterranean Sea cruise.
Some of the concerts for 2018 are detailed below and on our events page. We look forward to meeting our friends who regularly attend our concerts, as well as some new friends.
- Saturday 3rd March 2018 at 1st Lisburn Presbyterian Church. Festival Brass with guest soloist Nik Parks and compere Denise Watson (ticket details on Events page).
- Friday 13th April 2018 at St. Marks, Dundela, Holywood Road, Belfast. Festival Brass with Ceara Grehan, Cruinniú and compere Noel Thompson (ticket details on Events page).
Festival Brass on Facebook
Festival Brass is also embracing the latest social networking; to visit our Facebook page please click here.
Festival Brass performing during their 2016 Stage and Screen concert.